last moon

lunedì 8 febbraio 2010

The Poem of Creation


Prologue


I sing the God Almighty’s Creation

Wherein were firstborn Adam and Eve

former seed of any human Nation

at the time they could only conceive

the joyfulness with no desperation

In the Eden still far to misgive

The outcome of the serpent deceiver

Who led the man to be God’s defier!


I also sing about the valiant braves,

descending straight from the elected race,

who such in courageous and daring ways

Isr’eli people to holy surface

They led of Palestine. Betray’ls, hates, loves,

I don't omit, on fortune and disgrace:

those between God and men, tribes and kingdoms ;

and laws, wars, exiles I sing in my songs.


Arduous so much however it ‘s my part,

long and full of traps my composition,

That plenty of fear I feel into my heart,

if I dare to see myself on action,

and tremble with my head before I start

The Old and the New Holy Narration!

My Fairy God, Firmament’s Creator

Please make me such an able narrator!


From Genesis’ to Apocalypse’s book

please drive my hand between rhymes and accents

to enable it jointly with mind, to hook

the most significant , deep sentiments

in order they can take a fairly look

of those seventy three, pious components!

If someone goes to Source for sweeter tasting

surely all my efforts I won’t be wasting!


The World’s Creation I


At the beginning God created the sky

And the earth, which was shapeless and desert

And darkness cover’d the abysses close by;

But on the waters, with divine, expert

Zeal, God established that obscurity

Had to be opened to the bright alert!

God, seeing that it was good, called Day the light.

And the darkness instead was named Night.


Then beneath the waters, the firmament

set God, and between them, b’low, the dry land

He also set, whither at same moment,

To any bud and tree He gave command

From seed to be produc’d for nourishment

Of any species, in ground, soil or sand!

After He had named sky, earth and sea

To following duty God had to begin.


Hereafter the lights in the sky He set

Doing the moon and the sun for night and day,

And other signs and stars in dose correct,

for making years and seasons going away,

For the Most High is much more than perfect

And furthermore of this I cannot say!

About this seventh stanza therefore

I will not tell you nothing anymore!


....to be continued...

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento