last moon

sabato 12 giugno 2010

I do my homework too


It's very fascinating and heartbreaking Jeremy's Keeling's story, first abandoned by his mother, and ready to fill the solitude of a young orang-utan also discharged by her mother.


Read the whole story on DM on line by JEREMY KEELING himself

Scarred by his traumatic childhood, Jeremy Keeling found solace working with exotic animals. Now, in his enchanting and touching book, he reveals how he became a ‘mother’ to an abandoned baby orang-utan called Amy - and how she healed his broken heart...

The car climbed the steep bank at high speed and then rolled – nose to tail – back on to the motorway hard shoulder, the impact ripping the roof and shattering windows. Everything went black. I suffered head injuries, as did Amy, the one-year-old orang-utan I had rescued after her mother abandoned her.

Luckily, my girlfriend Meryl was unscathed and my son Jamie escaped with bruising. A policeman, arriving at the scene, crawled into the mangled wreck from the rear and saw the back of my blood-soaked head. He noticed a large, hairy hand reach out and wrap itself around my head, cradling it. I had once saved Amy. And now she would not let me go.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1286101/JEREMY-KEELING-The-orangutan-saved-life.html#ixzz0qi9xShmO

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento