last moon

martedì 19 settembre 2023

Traveling in spacetime with Virgil - 7

 


https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B071FB9SGV

Nineteenth Scene

The scene opens on the Great Circle where will appear in the following order: murderers, suicides, marauders, spendthrifts, blasphemers, usurers and buggers. Each one of them will narrate his own history occupying the centre of the stage. The scene represents a mix between a courtroom and a hospital room: in the bottom nine armchairs; on the left a hospital bed with a drip’s pale; on the right a hanger with a white coat doctor; in the middle of the stage there will be a sort of electric chair and a guitar on it. Four written insignias above the twelve chairs   will report in capital characters: Armageddon, Healter Skelter, The Family  and Spahn’s Movie Ranch. Dante and Virgil, after their dialogue will disappear in the backstage.

Dante (with a sigh of amazement)

-          What’s this master?

Virgil

-          This the place I was speaking of just a little before!  Circle welcomes the sinners who have committed at least two sins among murders, suicides, marauds, wastefulness, blasphemies, usury and sodomy.

Dante (l.b.)

-          But those insignias above…?

Virgil

-          It’s a long story…

Dante

-          … and that guitar on the strange chair?

 

Virgil

-          It’s part of the same story. The chair is waiting for a guy who is serving a life jail sentence in California…

Dante

-          Does he play guitar?

Virgil

-          He used to play… he swore, plundered and killed because the world hasn’t recognized him as a musician…

 

Dante (in a perplexed voice)

-          And he’s going to be prized with a guitar to relieve his right punishment for prey on and  killing people?

Virgil

-          Are you joking my son? The guitar is connected with the electric chair and it’s an electric guitar… The coming guy will have an electric shock anytime he plays the guitar…and he will want to play a lot… ‘you know? A sort of counterpass…

Dante

-          Oh, now I  see…

Virgil

-          Enough chats my son! There is coming the first sinner…

 

-          Dante (excited): It would be wonderful anyway!!!

-          Virgil: Very well! I’ll tell you what! We are going to see many men  of  iniquities seamlessly: they will introduce themselves, as you will be able to hear. At the end of it we’ll leave for the Ante Hell! All right?

-          Dante: I’m looking forward for anything you think is good for us!!!

 

Exeunt

 

 

Twentieth Scene

1st Sinner (dressed as a physician he will wear a knotted rope around his neck)

My name is Harold Frederick Shipman and I was born in Nottingham the 14th of January 1946. I was a doctor during my life on the earth. I became a doctor to make revenge breaking the same rules of those who killed my mother. I hang myself after killing thousands of people; every time, killing them, by a lethal injection, made me relive, again and again, my mother’s vicissitudes, suffering before dying, with useless morphine’s injections… I became master of their lives, powerful, much more than those poor doctors who were not able to save the time of  my mother (a nursery comes and sweetly tells the man his diary lethal has come! He reacts with a  crazy laugh and after be injected stops his speech visibly disappointed)

 

 

 

 

Twenty-first  Scene

 

2nd Sinner (A breathless guy, dressed as a child, breaks into the stage. He has an unpleasant, commanding and nasal voice and take in his hands a model train.)

-          Hey, you! Have you seen a train, a big, real one, I mean, running away? It’s a train full of communists, ‘ you know? Since they like so much Russians, I want to send them to visit the snowy Siberian plains, ‘ you know what I mean(with teeth grinding) I’m going to wipe all them out, anyway! And now, just excuse me but I have to go, my country calls me out for the great hunt witches!  (touching his forehead) I’m sorry! Of course before I go let me introduce myself: I was named Irving Roy Cohn, attorney and industrial at the top level in USA. I died too early because of a liver cancer that’s why I’m still hunting those bloody communists. And now it’s really time to go (two red soldiers with rifle in their hands come and Roy Cohn escapes outside pursued by the two guards.)

 

 Exeunt

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento