last moon

giovedì 28 settembre 2023

Traveling in the spacetime with Virgil - 10

 




https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B071FB9SGV

Thirtieth Scene

(Finally Virgil and Dante get in to The first Ante Hell. The guests are damned to fall suddenly asleep while playing; so they can never take rest. As a matter of fact in the Ante Hell it’s  is always day time,   the lights are on all the time and the night never comes.)

Virgil and Dante are sitting in a café. Some kind of music is on. The café is quite crowded; in the middle of the scene there is an upper leveled table where a couple is staying in a bed waiting for someone to make love with; two very dressy men are discussing some important business; two other men  are playing dice and four  more are playing cards; other people are smoking and drinking;  they seem  all to be  enjoying themselves. The two poets are sitting at a table waiting for the waitress to come for their order.

First man (getting close to Virgil and Dante, with a low voice)

            - Chocolate, speed, coke, brown sugar, mushrooms! Do you want any?  Everything  is cheap and first quality!!!

Dante (to Virgil)

            - Master, How do they cook mushrooms in this café? Are them tasteful and safe?

Virgil (smiling to Dante but sending away  the man and calling thereafter  the waitress with a lift arm)

            - No, thanks, man! We don't need any!!!

Waitress (very nice, possibly topless, anyway with a lascivious smile and a note book in the hand)

            - Something from the kitchen, please?

Virgil

            - We would like two pizzas, please!!! (to Dante) Is it all right also for you a pizza, my son?

Dante

            - Oh, yes ! It is!! Can mine can be served with onions and tuna or you just serve them with mushrooms??

Waitress (always nicely)

            - Our Chef makes a very special tuna and onions pizza, if you like it!!!

Virgil

            - OK! And just a Napoli for me will be all right, please!!!

 

Waitress (writing down the note)

            - What about the drinks?

Virgil

            - Two pints of lager, please!!! Is that all right for you my son?

Dante

            - Oh yes, master!!! That will be all right also for me!!!

Waitress (after writing and before leaving)

            - OK! Ah, the couple in the bed told me that if you can join them, it will be great!!! I can join myself if you don't mind!!!

Virgil (smiling too)

            - No, thanks, my darling! Tell them we came just for a quick pizza! We are in a rush, you know?

Waitress (still smiling)

            - OK, boys! It will be for the next time, then!!!

Virgil

            - OK! That's it!! Be quick with those pizzas, will you???

 

Waitress (while leaving)

            - I will for sure!! ' See you later!!!!

 

    Thirtieth- first Scene

(Dante and Virgil)

 

Dante (very abashed after keeping his eyes on the waitress’ bottom)

 

            - I’m speechless my master… but doesn’t she has any sense of decency…?

 

Virgil (with a  hand’s gesture)

 

- I’m surprised my son, you’ve seen much worse than that in our trip…

 

Dante

            - Have I?

 

Virgil: Of course you have, my son! The world is quite changed since you left, ‘ you know?

 

Dante: I guess it did,  noble father, but women’s modesty… are so  innate… I would say…

 

Virgil: Forget about, my son. Look! In order to avoid any scandal on you I’ll tell you what it has gone through in the last centuries about sexual behavior; first of all women have left any shyness and hesitation to become venturing…

 

Dante:  (disappointed and displeased) Did they really?

 

Virgil: For sure! They acquired a great deal of initiative; a very sexual impetus, ‘ you know?

 

Dante (l.b.): They seem to have gone quite far from honesty and gentleness…

 

Virgil: Surely they have, my son!

 

Dante: And what about men?

 

Virgil: Well, they seem to be consequently quite afraid…

 

Dante: Men frightened by women? Am I hearing right?

 

Virgil: You are correct my son!!!

 

Dante: I can’t believe it!!!

 

Virgil: And it’s not all: they go sheltering on the other side…

 

Dante. The other side of what?

Virgil (loosing for a while his usual self control): The other side of the moon, what else?

 

Dante: (thoughtful): May be I see: they turn to buggers… I suppose we’ll find them in the bottom of the hell!

 

Virgil (reacquiring his calmness) Look my son: I’m sorry for you but the world, from that point of view, has really changed a lot. Love is no more meant to be only a male-female affair; also the family starts now to be recognized between two men or two women!

 

Dante (confused): It sounds unusual, not to say repulsive or disgusting!!!

 

Virgil: It’s a long and controversial achievement which lead such families even to the right of acquiring its own issue…

 

Dante (really piqued and upset): Besides to be against nature, that’s eventually impossible!!!!

 

Virgil (cutting straight): Well, we’ll have time to discuss it later on! Haven’t you notice that the sinners we met have not  been scheduled on the basis of their sexual habits; their sexual behavior, as a matter of fact, is not relevant anymore; the hell opens its jaws for more cruel rascals; be good and get over it my son; the social parameters have basically changed since you left; don’t you think, after all, that a man or a woman, are to be blamed or praised for what they do of good and bad?

 

Dante: I would never think that  lechery  and salaciousness  would become morally legal…

 

Virgil: Oh no, my son! Don’t mistake: malice and incontinence are still punishable but in fact of sex you can behavior as you like. Anyway, let’s finish now our visit to the ante hell;  you have already seen with your own eyes the really horrible sinners of these disgraceful centuries (the lights will be off)

 

Dante: What’s going on, master?

 

Virgil: Come here, son! Let’s find a stash for the next scene!!!

 

Dante

-          You told me father that after diner we’re going to a Stock Exchange…

Virgil

-          If you are not too tired, my son…

Dante

-          I’m not for sure! Furthermore it’s better not to go to bed soon after diner!!!

Virgil

-          I see… You need your time for digesting  pizza!

Dante

-          You don’t master?

Virgil

I’m really an old one!!!’ you see? My time has  gone for each and every thing, bad or nice,  it doesn’t matter anymore for me…

 

to be continued...


 

 

 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento