last moon

sabato 1 aprile 2023

Palm Sunday


https://www.amazon.it/dp/B0181HCMKY


After St John 6, 51-58

Quatrains ABAB

 

“ I’m the living bread from heaven

If anyone eats of this bread

He’ll live forever and ever.

This bread is my flesh which instead

 

I’ll give for the life of the world”

Then the Jews began to argue

Sharply among themselves: “ How could

This man give us his flesh to eat?”

 

The Son of Man told: “ I’ tell you

The truth, unless you eat Jesus’s

Flesh and drink His blood, you have no

Life in yourself. Whoever eats

 

My flesh and drinks  my blood he has

Eternal life and I will raise

Him up at the last day. Because

My flesh is real food and my blood’s

 

Real drink. Whoever eats my flesh

And drinks my blood remains in me

And I in him. Just as the fresh

Father sent me I’m living

 

Because of the Father, so those

Who feed on me will live grace for

Of me. This is the bread not close

To that manna eaten by your

 

Forefathers whose life did render

This bread came down from heaven and

Who feeds it will live for ever

Each pity through It being emend!

  

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento