last moon

mercoledì 5 aprile 2023

How I think of You

 


https://www.amazon.it/dp/B0181HCMKY

I

How do I  think You are?

And Who are you?

I think the sea

Is Your voice

and the wind is Your breath!

I think you’re your joyful look is   the sun

And Your melancholic eye is the moon:

although I know

it is not so!

I think that Your Tears

Of joy and sorrow

Fall down as a rain  from the sky;

but I also think

that my human thought

cannot understand

Who You are and what You think;

but I know that my soul

it is You.

 

II

Yes You are my soul

when reconciled it flies

on the miseries of the flesh

You are  in daily sacrifices

the tasteful anticipation

of the eternal joy;

it is You

hands outstretched to the poor

eyes faced at the afflicted

meat that generates flesh!

It is you

The mother crying

Christ on the Cross

who dies innocent and misunderstood

every day;

It is you

my soul

strip of Eternity

confined in the ground!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento