last moon

domenica 10 dicembre 2017

London for ever - 10


I’ve  recently been to  an important conference which took place in London in the premises of the Royal  Law Society.
It was organized by an important International Law Firm called SLIG, founded by the three Gaglione Brothers (Alessandro, Giuseppe and Roberto) who are  skillful lawyers both in Italy and in Egland and Wales (as a matter of fact they practise in London  as Solicitors and in Rome as Lawyers in a high degree of expertise ).
It was about being solicitors in England and Wales today and what presumably it could be after Brexit. It was really  very thrilling for me to meet a lot of lawyers coming from so many different towns in Italy and lawyers who practise in London as Solicitors or under different labels (but still in the juridical field).
Though I’m already in my sixties I’m still able to dream. And to be a solicitor in London is one of my dreams.
In the afternoon there was even a space for us to pose some question to three English solicitors come to show us what Brexit might change in the legal profession for Italian lawyers in England and Wales. The scenario they drew up wasn’t not all catastrophic, though surely remains a certain degree of uncertainty.
I was tempted to take the  word just to say how I’m sad of the Brexit (though I respect the democratic expression of British voters; we could even say a lot about the way the 2016 June’s  referendum was held and what kind of negative, external forces influenced the voters, but I still respect the road our British friends are taking to drive their Country out of EU, saving the Unity of the Kingdom and doing the best for themselves).
I’m not neutral as the Solicitors Regulation Association are. I’ve already said that I wanted UK staying in the E.U. because I believe that British are essential part of the European brotherhood I’m fond of.
That's why I say London is for ever.
after the Conference The SLIG Firm had a suprise for all of us: they brought all around London in a free tour in a wonderful, original  Router Master double deck red bus.
I want to thank Alessandro Gaglione and his brothers also for this final present.
That's why I still think London is for ever.

10. to be continued…

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento