last moon

domenica 31 dicembre 2017

The same old story

I think that UK is living, in these times of Brexit, the same crisis which passed forty years ago, when Maggie Thatcher took the power.
Like at those times, UK is experimenting a difficult passage from an open society, capable to accept from abroad all  the best contributes which can come, to a scared misure which risks to transform the Country in a less cultural pole for art and intellectual minds.
 I've always been very fond of the English skill of hosting people from all over the world.
I've admired and been fascinated by the way England has been able to allow anybody in search of freedom and democracy to stay in the Country.
And now, with Brexit, I feel that all this will be more difficult (I hope, nevertheless, it won't be over). I realize there are two opposite souls in England: one opened and one closed.
Which one  is going to win the challenge?

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento