last moon

sabato 14 dicembre 2019

Beyond the Hadrian Wall


My heart is sad, today. Our English friends have gone away from Europe. Our brotherhood is ended in the worst way. Of course I respect whato English people have just chosen on the polls. Nevertheless I feel sad. I dreamed, and I still dream, The United States of Europe and in my dreams England was a must to be part of it. I have in mind Jo Cox, killed because she was fond of EU. And still I think that this choose is the result of more than a mistake. But I made up my mind and I accept what the polls have decreed. Let me say, anyway, the paradox I see on the table: The Scots, cut off two thousands years ago by the Hadrian Wall, for they didn't want to be part of Roman Civilisation, now are complaining for their exclusion from Europe. And the English, who were so proud to be on this side of the wall, are now off.  I am a bit confused, and I also feel   a sense of betrayal on the history path. But that's politic! that's reality.  

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento