last moon

sabato 22 giugno 2019

What news on Brexit?


I spread  English news (specially the Guardian and The Evening Standard, but also BBC News) trying to understand what's going on about Brexit.
I don't think Brexit must be considered an English domestic affair, since it involves Scotland, Northen Ireland and the rest of Europe.
Of course I respect the decision of British people, included the original referendum held in June 2016.
Nevertheless allow me to express my doubts about the democratic process gone on until now to bring UK out of European Union.
First of all I want to say that politician must also listen what Scotland has to say about Brexit. It's a really historic paradox that England wants to be out of Europe while Scotland, despite the Hadrian Wall, likes instead to be in.
Secondly let me say that there are several shadows hanging over the 2016 referendum, won by little porcentage by the Leavers. Has British people correctly infromed over the cosequences of voting leave? It seems It has not, since the survey recently show that people were not rightly infromed; as a matter of fact the public opinion now sees a majority proremaining in the E.U..
Last but not least let me say that Europe needs its British brothers staying in. Do you remember Jo Cox, the English MP killed by a far right fanatic leaver? Would be her blood lost invane?

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento