last moon

domenica 18 gennaio 2015

The European Constitution

My dear Friend, after the cruel facts of Paris, who saw the death of seventeen people, I would like to offer you my following reflections. Primarily an embrace and condolences to  the entire French nation. Someone one day said " I'm don't agree with you, but I would fight to  death  for your right to say it"
 
You see, my friend, I don't agree on what   Charlie Hebdo publish about religious items, even in my youthness I used to like  religious and  political satire, but what Islamic fanatics have done  in Paris last week, at the redactionne of that satirical juornal, reminds me of the great masters of thought of the Enlightenment.

  In Paris the assassins have fired on our history, our culture, our time. I'm Practicing Catholic, but I also believe that's a great value to be able to choose between to believe and not to believe

Islamic terrorists killed the Charlie's vignettistes but  they did not kill the achievements of our civilization and our freedom.  

There is a gap between our culture and  those of the other continents of the world, those of other civilizations of the earth; but if we make a correct comparison we must speak of Christian culture from one hand and Islamic culture on the other.  

And now the question is: who is going to  fill the gap that separates our civilizations?  

I believe that would be a mistake to think that Islamic need to live their own age of Enlightment or, even worse,  than we should give up our achievements of liberty.

  And so? I think we Europeans we must report to the Islamists as Christians: both are civilizations and we must compare, trying to understand each other. I lived in Italy the epic of terrorists; there was, at that time, someone who said that the terrorists were mistaking  companionsI don't know  if also Islamic terrorists are brothers who are wrong (that's a problem to be solved inside the Islamic culture); but I think that we, Europeans, all together, we need to be united to better relate to other cultures.  

Let's adavance with the  European Union, then, my friend. Let's drop the differences e mistrust between us and let's walk all together, not against, but forword to other cultures, affirming and confirming our cultural acquisitions. I embrace you and sent my best wishes for a 2015 full of happiness.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento