last moon

sabato 24 giugno 2023

Echoes of a sad soul

 


https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0C8YY6R71

The Slacker

 

Maybe I was a slacker

Ever since as a boy

I dreamed of traveling around the world;

Yes, I had to be just a slacker

Because I never thought

To spend my time on earth

To make money, to seek power,

to become someone successful.

Just as a good slacker

I never even gave great importance 

To appearance, elegance,

luxury cars.

And when I was looking for truth

In the light of dawns and sunsets,

believing the poets

are best men in the world

And when I dreamed of flying

I certainly was a slacker.

Then, when I chose to rent to the school

My bachelor's degree

Convinced that our society

needs models of freedom,

imagination,  ideas,  respect,

proposals, and passions;

and when I couldn’t bear

hundreds of erupting volcanoes

of increasing  hormones

and I let myself be overwhelmed

then I was definitely a slacker.

And I certainly was a slacker

Even when, according to law,

I preferred love, dedication, affection

that no one counts in the

Gross Domestic Product!

when I finally chose

to consider more important

To be, better than   have,

To think, better than doing,

Meditating, rather than acting,

Even then I was a slacker.

And now that I've discovered

 the best part of life,

That nobody can take  away from me,

I persist and I am still a real slacker!

 

In Cagliari 2008

 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento